Abu Sbeitan library (MAS)
The Abu Sbeitan collection began by Sheikh Raja Abu Sbeitan in 1920 when he worked at the Awqaf department. The family lost the collection after the Sheikh’s death in 1947 when it was sold. The current owner Khalil abu Sbeitan managed to buy parts of the collection back, although many of the books were lost during this period.
The collection includes today 52 manuscripts and about 300 rare books.
Entry prepared on November 2018.
Jerusalem historical libraries and archives revisited, Revised report prepared for Open Jerusalem, October 2014, Merav Mack
Author: Open Jerusalem http://www.openjerusalem.org/